Password Managers are always recommended to help make strong password use automatic and reasonable. While there is some level of risk associated with storing passwords on a third-party password manager, the advantages outweigh this risk
Password manager advantages:
- Remember one strong password, use strong unique passwords everywhere else.
- Strong passwords are randomly generated, and don’t need to be remembered.
- Strong authentication (such as 2-Factor Authentication) can be required for password managers and should definitely be utilized.
- Sharing may be enabled in some password managers, making it safer to share secrets with a defined group.
- Many password managers support organizational management, so good policies can be enforced centrally.
Examples of password managers
Important: ALWAYS secure your password manager master password with multi-factor authentication!
As always, Coalition is here to help you on your way. Please reach out to us for additional information!